Live demonstration of how the cushion is being inflated automatically and how the pressure is being changed, when interacting with it. Martynas is describing the system while Victor is filming and commenting.
Below there are there major mobile-broadband suppliers in Denmark. By clicking on their name you will be directed to their homepage. Near each provider there is also a contact method. Each of these providers has been contact in order to find out their bulk pricing and special offerings for a project like this.
Facts can get confusing when you are handling a big project over a relatively big period of time. The way solved this problem was by doing a graphical overview of what we have and what we want to have, using paper and post-its.
- the cushion
- electric pump
- electric valve
Networking Add-on 1
- 3G/4G adapter
- Web interface
Networking Add-on 2
- Bluetooth dongle
- Smartphone application
The following is our generic project plan. As a base. we have used the Stage gate model. The following can be used as an example for a school project or for an actual production project. Continue reading
The following depicts and describes the 2nd networking concept.
- the wheelchair user will sit on the optimized cushion, which is placed on the smart wheelchair in the back of the smart wheelchair a embedded deviced will be attached
- connected to the embedded device there is a bluetooth usb adapter
- the bluetooth usb adapter will comunicate wireless via the 2.4 Ghz signal and it will send the necesarry information to the smartphone
- a PromComfort employee will manage the data just by passing by the wheelchair and initializing a wireless connection with his smartphone
The user interface
The fastest and most efficient way we can deliver a user interface is by creating an Android app. The app must enable the user to do the following:
- check current pressure value
- adjust current pressure
- set a minimum pressure value
The interface should be straight-forward an minimalist, emphasizing on functionality rather than design. Bellow, there are 2 print-screens of the current Android app mockup.